Manisha Koirala Biography: She was born in a politically prominent Koirala family in Kathmandu, Nepal. Manisha Koirala is the grand-daughter of former Nepalese Prime Minister, Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala. Manisha Koirala was born and brought up in Kathmandu, Nepal. She was born on 16 August 1970. Manisha Koirala is a Nepali Actress who has acted in many Tamil and Hindi movies. She made her debut as an actress through the movie “Pheri Bhetaula” (A Nepali movie) in the year 1989. Manisha is one of the famous actresses in India. She has received 4 Filmfare awards for her roles in the movies. She is one of the highly paid actresses in the 1990’s.
Manisha Koirala Biography/Wiki
- Name: Manisha Koirala
- Real Name: Manisha Koirala
- Nickname: Manisha Koirala
- Profession: Indian film actress
- Date of Birth: 16 August 1970
- Zodiac sign: Leo
- Religion: Hindu
- Nationality: Indian
Manisha Koirala Family
- Father Name: Prakash Koirala
- Mother Name: Sushma Koirala
Manisha Koirala Boyfriend, Husband, Affairs
- Marital Status: Divorced (m.19 Jun 2010 – d. 2012)
- Husband: Samrat Dahal (Business Man)
- Boyfriends/ Affairs: Vivek Mushran (Actor), Crispin Conroy, Sandeep Chowta (Music Director), Nana Patekar (Actor), Samrat Dahal
Manisha Koirala Height, Weight and Body Measurements
- Height in Centimeters: 165cm
- Height in Meters: 1.65 m
- Height in Feet Inches: 5′ 5”
- Weight: 63kg
- Body Measurement: 36-34-38
- Waist Size: 34
- Hips Size: 38
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Black and Brown
Manisha Koirala Educational Qualifications
- Education Qualification: Diploma in Film Making
- School: VKM, Varanasi (Till X Class), Army Public School, Dhula Kuan, New Delhi
- College / University: New York University
Manisha Koirala Favorite Things
- Favourite Dish: Not Known
- Favourite Actors: Kashmir and London
- Favourite Actresses: Ingrid Bergman, Meryl Streep and Whoopi Goldberg
- Favourite Ghazal Artists: Begum Akhtar and Mehdi Hassan
- Favourite Music: Not Known
- Favourite Perfumes: Private Collection and Skate
- Favourite Restaurants: Not Known
- Favourite Movies: Masoom’, ‘One flew over the cuckoo’s nest’, ‘An Officer and a Gentleman’ ‘Kagaz Ke Phool’
- Favourite Director: Mani Ratnam
- Favourite Books: Fyodr Dostoevsky’s ‘The Idiot’, John Irwing’s ‘The world according to Garp’ and Erica Jong’s ‘Fear of fifty’
- Favourite Comic Books: Tintin and Archie
- Favourite Drinks: Water, Fresh Lime Soda and Strawberry Champagne
- Favourite Colour: White
- Favourite Sports: Basketball
- Favourite Destinations: Kashmir and London
Manisha Koirala Social Media Profile
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manishakoirala70
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mkoirala
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/m_koirala/
Unknown Facts About Manisha Koirala
- Manisha has grown up with her grandmother in Varanasi. Later, she shifted to New Delhi.
- One of the interesting Facts About Manisha Koirala was her aim to become a doctor. She never aimed to get into the film industry and become an actress.
- A modeling stint provides the way to her to get into the film industry. This is the main reason for her first Nepali movie.
- Manisha is actively involved in many social causes to improve the status of women, women’s rights, prevention of violence against women, as well as in the active prevention human trafficking, especially Nepali women, who are abducted and sold as prostitutes.
- The first film of Manisha in Bollywood film industry is Subash Ghai’s Saudagar. The success of this film gave her a bright opening for Manisha in Bollywood.
- In 2012, Manisha Koirala was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. However, the actress successfully battled the disease and is now following a strict regime.
- Manisha Koirala was immaculate despite of being from the most influential family of Nepal; the then newcomer did not resort to her inherited status to provide her with a launching pad in Bollywood.
- The talented actress also won five awards for her brilliant performance in ‘Bombay’, ‘Khamoshi: The Musical'(two awards), ‘Company’, and ‘Escape from Taliban’.
- In 2010, the beautiful actress Manisha got married to a Nepali businessman Samrat Dahal. But, the marriage unfortunately came to an end in two years.