Shah Rukh Khan Biography: Shah Rukh Khan was born on 2 November 1965 also known as the Baadshah of Bollywood, is an Indian actor, film producer, and television personality. Referred to in the media as the “SRK”, “Badshah of Bollywood”, “King of Bollywood” and “King Khan”, he has appeared in more than 90 Bollywood films. He has earned numerous accolades, including 14 Filmfare Awards.
Shah Rukh spent the first five years of his life in Mangalore, where his maternal grandfather, Ifthikar Ahmed, served as the chief engineer of the port in the 1960s. Shah Rukh Khan first graced the silver screen Hindi film “Deewana” in 1992.
Shah Rukh Khan Biography/Wiki
- Real Name: Abdul Rashid Khan (the name by birth but changed to Shah Rukh Khan at the age of 5 years )
- Nickname: SRK, King Khan, Baadshah & The King of Romance
- Known Name: Shah Rukh Khan
- Date of Birth: November 02,1965
- Birthplace: New Delhi, India
- Hometown: New Delhi, India
- Current Residence: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Profession: Bollywood Actor, Producer & Entrepreneur ( owner of KKR IPL team)
- Martial Status: Married
- Religion: Islam
- Date of Marriage: 25th October 1991
- Place of marriage: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Zodiac sign: Scorpio
- Food Habit: Non-Vegetarian
Shah Rukh Khan Family
- Father Name: Taj Mohammad Khan ( Business-man )
- Mother Name: Lateef Fatima (Magistrate & Social Worker)
- Brother Name: None
- Sister Name: Shahnaz Lalarukh ( Elder )
- Spouse / Wife Name: Gauri Chibber Khan ( Interior Designer)
- Children’s ( Kids) Name: Sons – Aryan Khan & AbRam Khan, Daugther – Suhana Khan
Shah Rukh Khan Girlfriends, Wife, Affairs
- Marital Status: Married
- Girlfriend / Affairs: Juhi Chawla ( Bollywood Actress), Priyanka Chopra ( Bollywood Actress), Karan Johar ( Gay friend Rumor), Gauri Chibber Khan ( Wife) (Interior Designer)
- Wife: Gauri Chibber Khan ( Wife) (Interior Designer)
Shah Rukh Khan Height, Weight and Body Measurements
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Height: Feet – 5 feet 8 inches, Meters – 1.73 m, Centimeters – 173 cm
- Weight: In Kilograms – 75 Kg
- Figure Measurements: Biceps Size – 14 inches, Waist Size – 32 Inches, Chest Size – 40 Inches, Shoe Size – 9 US
Shah Rukh Khan Educational Qualifications
School Name: St. Columba’s School, Delhi
College / University: Hans Raj College, University of Delhi, Delhi – Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Hans Raj College – Masters Degree in Mass Communications from Jamia Millia Islamia University
Shah Rukh Khan Favorite Things
- Favourite Food: Tandoori Chicken, Red Chillies, Chinese Dishes & Paneer Tikka
- Favourite Actor: Dilip Kumar & Amitabh Bachchan
- Favourite Actress: Mumtaz, Saira Banu & Madhuri Dixit
- Favourite Color: Blue, Black & White
- Favourite Hobbies: Video Games, Collecting Gadgets & Playing Cricket
- Favourite Sports: Hockey, Football & Cricket
- Favourite Destination: London, Dubai & New York
- Favourite Singer: A.R. Rahman
- Favourite Film Director: Manmohan Desai
Shah Rukh Khan Social Media Profile
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IamSRK/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iamsrk/?hl=en
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/iamsrk
Unknown Facts About Shah Rukh Khan
- Born in New Delhi, SRK used to visit often the Delhi Theatre Action Group, where he learned acting under the assistance of theatre Director Barry John.
- In school, his Hindi was very poor. His mother promised to take him for a movie if he passed his Hindi exams. Teenager SRK loved watching movies, and began to score top marks in Hindi then onwards.
- For SRK movie Deewana in 1992, he won the Filmfare Best Male Debut Award for his character as a man who loved a widow.
- When his college, Hans Raj, celebrated its golden jubilee (1998), the college gave away 17 shields to its alumni who had excelled in their lives, and Shah Rukh was one of them.
- His debut film was Dil Aashna Hai, but due to the delay in the release of the film, Deewana is considered to be his debut film.
- Naam to suna hoga: Shah Rukh is named Rahul in nine of his films, including Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Chennai Express (2013) etc. He is called Raj in six films including Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaenge (1995), Chalte Chalte (2003) and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008).
- He signed what probably is his most iconic film DDLJ without even looking at the script. He did this out of his love for filmmaker Aditya Chopra.
- In 1998, he won the Zee Cine Award for best actor but to everyone’s surprise he called Salman Khan on stage and handed over the award to him and asked him to deliver the thank you speech instead.
- He has received a honorary degree in recognition for his acts of philanthropy, altruism and humanitarianism and his global reach as an actor, from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. So, technically he is Dr. Shah Rukh Khan.
- The actor sold tickets at the booking window of a Mumbai theatre on the opening day of his 1994 film, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, directed by Kundan Shah. He was paid Rs 25,000 for that film.
- He has been named among the top five richest actor in the world multiple times, which means he is richer than actors like Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Clint Eastwood and Adam Sandler.
- SRK is the co-owner of KKR, i.e. Kolkata Knight Riders, a cricket squad in the IPL. Owing to his influence on the people, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee accredited SRK to be the brand ambassador of the state. His lineup has to triumph the T20 game twice, in 2012 plus 2014.
- In 1997, Shah Rukh Khan was awarded Best Indian Citizen Award by the government of India.
- In 2004, he was awarded the British Asian Guild Award for Best Actor of the Decade.