Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Biography: Aishwarya Rai is an Indian Film Actress and Model. She was born 1 November 1973 in Mangalore, Karnataka, India into the family of Krishnaraj and Brinda Rai. Aishwarya attended the Arya Vidya Mandir High School and always got good grades. She later went to Jai Hind College in Mumbai. She then joined the DG Ruparel College. In a wish to become an architect, Aishwarya Rai joined Raheja College of Arts, but left it to pursue acting. Aishwarya was crowned with the Miss World title in 1994, before she entered Bollywood.
Aishwarya made her way into the film industry by debuting in Tamil film Iruvar, directed by Mani Ratnam. She made her Bollywood debut in Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya in 1997. Aishwarya became popular with movies like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas. Her performance in Dhoom:2, Guzaarish, Chokher Bali, Raincoat, Jodhaa Akbar, Jazbaa and Sarabjit gave her a lot of appreciation.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Biography/Wiki
- Full Name: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Born Name: Aishwarya Krishnaraj Rai
- Nick Name: Aish
- Born: November 1, 1973
- Star Sign: Scorpio
- Birth Place: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
- Education: HSC at Ruparel college in Mumbai
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)
- Measurements: 34-24-34 (75-60-75).
- Profession: Actress & Model
- Nationality: Indian
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Family
- Spouse: Abhishek Bachchan
- Daughter: Aaradhya Bachchan
- Father: Krishnaraj Rai
- Mother: Vrinda Rai
- Brother: Aditya Rai
- Father-in-law: Amitabh Bachchan
- Mother-in-law: Jaya Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Boyfriend, Husband, Affairs
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband: Abhishek Bachchan
- Boyfriends/ Affairs: Vivek Oberoi (Actor), Salman Khan (Actor)
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Height, Weight and Body Measurements
- Height in Centimeters: 168cm
- Height in Meters: 1.68 m
- Height in Feet Inches: 5′ 7”
- Weight: 55kg
- Body Measurement: 32-24-34
- Waist Size: 24
- Hips Size: 34
- Eye Colour: Grey Green
- Hair Colour: Brown
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Educational Qualifications
- Education Qualification: Graduate
- School: Arya Vdya Mandir High School
- College / University: Jai Hind College
- Others: Not Known
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Favorite Things
- Favorite Colour: Blue & White
- Favorite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor, Dilip Kumar
- Favorite Actress: Madhubala and Nargis
- Favorite Food: Not Choosy about food at all
- Hobbies: She Loves Collecting Watches
- Favorite Music: Any soft music
- Favorite Movie: Casablanca
- Favorite Subject: Zoology
- Favorite Destination: Any Place that gives me peace of mind
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Social Media Profile
- Twitter: Not Known
- Facebook: Not Known
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aishwaryaraibachchan_arb/?hl=en
Unknown Facts About Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan made her acting debut with the Tamil flick Iruvar, in 1997.
- Aishwarya Rai is the first Indian actress to be on the jury of the Cannes International Film Festival in 2003.
- More Than 17000 websites are dedicated to Aishwarya Rai.
- In 1994, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sushmita Sen completed the Miss India Pageant in which Sushmita won whereas Aishwarya came second.
- Aishwarya Rai is the first Indian to participate in the famous Oprah Winfrey show in America.
- Aishwarya was in 9th grade when she got featured in her first commercial ad for Camlin Pencils.
- Aishwarya loves watches and hates jewellery.
- In 2005, a limited edition range of Barbie dolls inspired by Aishwarya was released in Britain.
- In 2012, Aishwarya was awarded Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French government.
- Aishwarya’s nickname is Gullu and she doesn’t like to wear wigs while shooting.
- She is the first Indian ever to visit the Oprah Winfrey Show. When Oprah has visited India, Mumbai she first wanted to visit Aishwarya at her bunglow.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is a fond admirer of books and in fact during her free time she loves to read books on History.
Filmography of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan:
- 1997 – Iruvar
- 1998 – Jeans
- 1999 – Aa Ab Laut Chalen
- 1999 – Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
- 1999 – Ravoyi Chandamama
- 1999 – Taal
- 2000 – Mela (Special appearance)
- 2000 – Kandukondain Kandukondain
- 2000 – Josh
- 2000 – Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai
- 2000 – Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke
- 2000 – Mohabbatein
- 2001 – Albela
- 2002 – Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam
- 2002 – Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahin
- 2002 – 23 March 1931: Shaheed
- 2002 – Devdas
- 2002 – Shakti: The Power (Special appearance)
- 2003 – Chokher Bali
- 2003 – Dil Ka Rishta
- 2003 – Kuch Naa Kaho
- 2004 – Khakee
- 2004 – Bride & Prejudice
- 2004 – Kyun…! Ho Gaya Na
- 2004 – Raincoat
- 2005 – Shabd
- 2005 – Bunty Aur Babli (Special appearance)
- 2005 – The Mistress of Spices
- 2006 – Umrao Jaan
- 2006 – Dhoom 2
- 2007 – Guru
- 2007 – Provoked
- 2007 – The Last Legion
- 2008 – Jodhaa Akbar
- 2008 – Sarkar Raj
- 2009 – The Pink Panther 2
- 2010 – Raavan
- 2010 – Enthiran
- 2010 – Action Replayy
- 2010 – Guzaarish
- 2015 – Jazbaa
- 2016 – Sarbjit
- 2016 – Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Aishwarya Rai has appeared in more than 40 films in five languages, predominantly Hindi, Tamil, and English. She made her acting debut in 1997 with a dual role in Mani Ratnam‘s Tamil political drama film Iruvar, and her Bollywood debut that same year in the romantic comedy Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya opposite Bobby Deol.