Hema Malini is an Indian actress, director, producer, dancer and politician. In 1963 she acted as a dancer in the Tamil film “Ithu Sathiyam”. Hema Malini first played the lead role in Sapno Ka Saudagar (1968), and acted as a lead actress in several Bollywood films. In most of her films, she acted opposite her husband Dharmendra; Malini was initially promoted as “Dream Girl”, along with Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Dev Anand, she has played both comic and dramatic roles, as well as being a dancer. She has appeared in more than 150 films. From 2003 to 2009, Malini was elected to the Rajya Sabha, the upper House of parliament, as a representative of the Bharatiya Janata Party. In 2014, Malini was elected to the Lok Sabha.
Hema Malini WIKI
- Real Name: Hema Malini Chakravarty
- Nick Name: Hema Malini, Dream Girl
- Profession: Film actress, Model, director, producer, dancer and politician
- Gender: Female
- Instagram Handle: https://www.instagram.com/dreamgirlhemamalini/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dreamgirlhemamalini/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dreamgirlhema
Hema Malini Personal Life
Bollywood actress Hema Malini was born in the Tamil-speaking Chakravarthy household on October 16, 1948 in Ammankudi, Tamil Nadu. Her dad’s name is V.S.R. Chakravarthy and her mom, Jaya, was a film producer. She was enrolled in the Chennai-based Andhra Mahila Sabha.
- Date of Birth: 16 Oct 1948 (Age 71)
- Age (as in 2020): 16 Oct 1948 (Age 71)
- Birth Place: Ammengudi, Tricchy (Tamil Nadu)
- Zodiac sign/Sun sign: Libra
- Nationality: Indian
- Hometown: Tricchy (Tamil Nadu)
- School: Andhra Mahila Sabha, Delhi Tamil Education Association Sr. Sec. School, New Delhi
- College: N/A
- Educational Qualifications: 12th Drop-out
- TV Serials/Movie Debut: Film (Tamil): Idhu Sathiyam (1963, Supporting Actress), Film (Hindi): Sapno Ka Saudagar (1968, Lead Actress)
- Hobbies: Dancing, Driving, Doing Yoga
- Current City: Mumbai
- Father Name: Shri V.S.R. Chakravarti
- Mother Name: Smt. Jaya Lakshmi Chakravarti
- Sister Name: N/A
- Brother Name: R.K. Chakravarti, R.J. Chakravarti
- Marital Status: Yes
- Spouse: Dharmendra
- Affairs/Boyfriends: Jeetendra, Dharmendra
- Marriage Date: 2 May 1980
- Daughters: Esha Deol, Ahana Deol, Vijayta Deol (Half-Daughter), Ajeeta Deol (Half-Daughter)
- Son: Bobby Deol (Half-Son), Sunny Deol (Half-Son)
- Husband: Dharmendra
- Address: Flat No. 702, Kaveri Apartment,Dr. B.D. Marg,New Delhi-110 001; ‘ADVITIYA’, Plot No. 17, Jaihind Society,12 N.S. Road, J.V.P.D. Scheme, Juhu,Mumbai-400 049, Maharashtra
Hema Malini Physical Stats
Hema Malini has always exhibited immense grace. With her almond shaped eyes, she ruled over Bollywood in the 70s and continues to make millions swoon over her. She still exudes the same charm, be it as an actor or a politician.
- Body Type: Slim
- Body Measurements: 34-32-35
- Zero Size: N/A
- Height: in centimeters- 168 cm; in meters- 1.68 m; in Feet Inches- 5′ 6″
- Weight: 60 Kg
- Face Shape: Oval
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Nose Type: Sharp
- Hair Colour: Black
- Hair Length: Medium Length
- Dimple Status: No
- Beard: N/A
Hema Malini Favourite Things
- Favourite Food: Rice with Rasam, Green Tea, Curd
- Favourite Actor(s): Dharmendra, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favourite Actress(s): Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai
- Favourite Author(s): Erle Stanley Gardner (American Author)
Unknown facts about Hema Malini
- Hema Malini made her acting debut in a Tamil film “Ithu Sathiyam” in 1963. She quickly became known as Bollywood’s “Dream Girl.” She is a dancer, producer, and politician. Malini is known for her Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi dance training and owns the Natya Vihar Kalakendra dance school.
- In 1964, she was rejected by Tamil director CV Sridhar for not being a ‘star material’.
- She is a member of parliament for Mathura. She began her political career in 1999, supporting the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Malini is married to Dharmendra Deol, a famous actor whom she starred with in the majority of her films. Her first film with her husband was called “Sharafat” in 1970. The couple got married in 1979, however, when the two met Deol was already married to his wife, with who he had Sunny, Bobby, Vijeeta, and Ajeeta Deol. Both actors converted to Islam because Deol’s first wife did not want a divorce. Malini’s parents were not thrilled about the marriage, but Deol and Malini’s story is one of the most talked about. The two had two daughters Esha Deol and Ahana Deol.
- The dream girl got her first Filmfare award for Seeta aur Geeta in 1972. She was also felicitated with Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2000 and was awarded Padma Bhushan for her contribution to Indian Cinema.
- Malini also starred opposite Rajesh Khanna and Dev Anand. The actress has starred in over 150 films. She’s well known for playing the roles of Sati, Parvati, and Durga.
- Malini has won numerous awards. She’s received 11 Filmfare Awards for Best Actress nominations (won the award in 1972), won the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2000, received the Padma Shri (a civilian honor given by the Indian government), received an honorary doctorate at the Sir Padampat Singhania University, and even received the Sopori Academy of Music and Performing Arts award.
- She was the fourth highest paid actress in 1971-1975 and the second highest paid actress in 1976-1980 and 1982-1985 along with Zeenat Aman.
- She is known for her support of social causes, which primarily includes supporting PETA India. She’s written numerous letters calling for the end of horse carriages and bull fighting.
- Malini was in a car accident in 2015 where she fractured her nose. Media coverage of the accident made waves when they showed Malini’s injured face to which the actress’ family was not pleased. A four-year-old girl died as a result of the crash. Malini herself caused waves when she blamed the girl’s father for the accident and the girl’s death.
- Malini’s best known songs include: “Humko Bhi Gham Ne Mara,” “Zara Jaldi Jaldi Mila Karo,” “Ho Jata Hai Pyar,” “Tum Jo Chale Gaye To Hogi Badi Kharabi,” “Meri Dilruba Mere Paas Aa,” “Kukdu Ku Bada Pyara Lage Tu,” “Bol Meri Gudiya,” “Soni Aur Moni Ki Hai Jodi Ajeeb,” “Sheher Mein Charcha Hai,” and “Baith Ja Khadi Ho Ja.”