Rihanna Biography: Barbadian pop sensation Rihanna is an International popstar released her first album in the year 2005 and is known for such No. 1 hits as “Umbrella,” “SOS,” “Diamonds,” and “Work.” Rihanna signed with Def Jam records in the year 2005 at the age of 16 with her first album Music of the Sun, which sold more than two million copies worldwide.
Rihanna, byname of Robyn Rihanna Fenty, Barbadian pop and rhythm-and-blues (R&B) singer who became a worldwide star in the early 21st century, known for her distinctive and versatile voice and for her fashionable appearance.
- Real Name: Robyn Rihanna Fenty
- Nickname: The Barbados Babe, Queen of Pop, RiRi, Caribbean Queen, Bajan beauty
- Birth Place: Saint Michael, Barbados
- Date of Birth: 20 February 1988
- Debut Movie: Bring It On: All or Nothing (2006)
- Debut Album: Music of the Sun (2005)
- Famous for: Her Unorthodox music (Umbrella, Pon de Replay, SOS, and Disturbia)
- Ethnicity: Afro-Bajan
- Nationality: Barbadian
- Profession: Barbadian singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman
- Religion: Christianity
- Sun sign: Pisces
- Website: www.rihanna.com
Rihanna Family and Relatives
- Father Name: Ronald Fenty
- Mother Name: Monica Braithwaite
- Husband/spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
- Siblings: Rorrey (brother), Rajad Fenty (brother), Jamie Fenty (half-brother), Samantha Fenty (half-sister), Kandy Fenty (half-sister)
Rihanna Boyfriend, Husband, Affairs
- Marital Status: Married
- Affairs/Boyfriends: Josh Henderson, Travis Barker, Asap Rocky, Leonardo DiCaprio, Karim Benzema, Lewis Hamilton, Travis Scott, rapper Drake, and Hassan Jameel
Rihanna height, weight, and body measurement
- Height: 73 cm in centimeters, 1.73 m in meter and 5’8” inches in feet
- Weight: 61 kg in kilograms and 134 lbs in pounds
- Bra Size: 34 inches
- Cup Size: B
- Body Measurements: 36-26-36
- Breast Size: 36 inches (91cm)
- Waist Size: 26 inches (66cm)
- Hip Size: 36 inches (91cm)
- Shoe Size: 9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
- Dress Size: 6 (US) or 38 (EU)
- Hair Color: Black (Natural)
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Body Type: Hourglass
- Build: Athletic
- Sexuality: Straight
Rihanna Educational Qualifications
- School: Charles F. Broome Memorial School
- College: Combermere High School, Waterford, St. Michael, Barbados
- Degree: N/A
Rihana Social Media Profile
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/badgalriri/?hl=en
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rihanna
- Facebook: NA
Rihanna Favorite Things
- Favorite Colors: Pink, Red, Black, Green
- Favorite Movies: Napoleon Dynamite/Borat
- Favorite TV Show: Entourage
- Favorite Food: Callaloo and Jerk Chicken of Barbados and Cheesecake
- Favorite Actors: Terrence Howard and Denzel Washington
- Favorite Actresses: Jessica Alba, Halle Berry and Meryl Streep
- Favorite Music: Paramore
- Favorite Designers: Zac Posen and Dsquared
- Favorite Artist: Bob Marley
- Favorite Songs: On A Girl Like Me, We Ride, I’m losing it by Roc Nation and State of mind by Jay Z and Alicia.
- Inspirations and Influences: Madonna, Mariah Carey and Bob Marley
Unknown Facts About Rihanna
- Rihanna took over control for creating her third album Good Girl Gone Bad and was not ready to compromise on the creative process.
- She won a Grammy for her album Unapologetic and her album ANTI, hit the Billboard 200 at the top position even when the album was not released properly.
- Rihanna has to her name, five Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified platinum albums.
- Rihanna has multiple singles and collaborations that have been the best-selling singles of all time.
- She’s sold more than 200 million copies worldwide which makes her one of the best selling artists.
- Rihanna is the youngest artist who won fourteen number one Billboard Hot 100 Chart-ratings and that too in the shortest span of of career of all.
- She would’ve liked to study Psychology in case she wasn’t a singer, although her favorite subjects were mathematics and chemistry.
- Rihanna has eight Grammys and eight American Music Awards to her name, along with 2 BRIT Awards and the inaugural Icon Award at the American Music Awards 2013.
- She has been awarded with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2014.
- Rihanna has a turtle and two dogs Marley and DJ.
- Rihanna was classmates with Carlos Brathwaite and Darren Sammy.
- She has seen a lot of drug and emotional abuse in her childhood. Her father was addicted to cocaine, crack and alcohol and her parents had rough marriage; which could be the reason for tumor-strong headaches as she ceased to experience them as her parents divorced when she was fourteen.
- The England and West Indies cricketers, Chris Jordan and Kraigg Brathwaite (respectively) were her classmates in school.
- Rihanna was admitted in a sub-military program, where she was a army cadet, commanded by the singer-songwriter Shontelle.
- Rihanna won a talent show and a beauty pageant contest at her school.
- For some reason, after Rihanna dropped the label Def Jam and joined Roc Nation, her album ANTI did not include her initial three releases – “Bitch Betta Have Money”, “American Oxygen” and “Four Five Seconds”. However, ANTI became her second album to rank number one on Billboards 200.
- Rihanna stayed on the charts till the end of the year ad with her 8th single hitting it too, she was called “Diva of the Year” for her power and presence on the charts.
- She still keeps in touch with her Bajan friends.
- Rihanna is official ambassador for Barbados’ tourism agency.
- Rihanna had signed a $25 million with Samsung in October 2015, where she agreed to sell the Samsung Galaxy range and Samsung would support release her album ANTI and its World Tour.
- Rihanna’s voice type is mezzo-soprano and her vocal range is three scales and two notes.
- Rihanna took vocal-lessons from Ne-Yo while she was recording Good Girl Gone Bad. She had never had any vocal training before this.
- She used to sell clothes on a stall with her father.
- She would sing Whitney Houston’s songs, brushing her hair, so much that her neighbors started calling her ‘Robyn Redbreast’.
- New York Times named her cookie-cutter teen queen because of her ability to change styles frequently. She said her inspiration for fashion comes from her mother.
- She broke a Guinness World Record by selling 58 million copies of a single in 2012.
- Rihanna co-owns the music streaming business Tidal with several other artists.
- Rihanna’s and all her siblings’ names start with the letter ‘R’.
- She was rumored to be dating Jay-Z when he was dating Beyonce already. The rumors were false but helped Rihanna get some attention.
- Rihanna asked her fans not to bring umbrellas to her concerts, so that they dont hurt each other while doing her steps.
- Barbados has actually made Rihanna’s birthday a national holiday! Her way of saying thank you was doing a free concert for her fans.
- Her mother would return every gift she would get for her after checking the prices and finding them too expensive. Now it’d be hard to return a five-bedroom house! Which she could not.
- Rihanna and Katy Perry are good friends and she threw her a Bachelorette Party in Las Vegas.
- She has 19 tattoos and still counting. No wonder she likes hanging out in the tattoo shops.