Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead in his house in Mumbai on June 14. The Mumbai Police are suspecting death by suicide. He was 34 years old. The actor became a household name after the release of his film MS Dhoni. Here are some lesser-known facts of the actor Sushant Singh Rajput you would love to know, read for more.
- The actor was a popular television actor before he went on to make it big in Bollywood.
- The actor who hit the limelight with TV show Pavitra Rishta (2009–11) began his career a year before with the serial Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil.
- Sushant’s family hails from Bihar and the actor was born in Patna. He lost his mother early in life in 2002 and used to often share social media posts on her. His sister Mitu Singh is a state-level cricketer.
- Sushant was in a 6-year-old relationship with fellow actor Ankita Lokhande before they split in 2016.
- He had ranked seventh in the Delhi College of Engineering (DCE) Entrance Exam in 2003 and secured admission in the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- He took admission into Delhi College of Engineering, now known as Delhi Technical University (DTU), but dropped out after completing three years to pursue a career in stage and acting. He reportedly cleared as many as 11 engineering entrance exams. He was a National level Olympiad winner in Physics.
- While in Delhi, Sushant had attended acting classes by Barry John and after moving to Mumbai, he was also part of Nadira Babbar’s Ekjute theatre group. He had also been part of Shiamak Davar’s dance in Delhi.
- He was also a National Olympiad Winner in Physics.
- He is often touted as another Shah Rukh Khan in Bollywood since he had no family relation in the glamour industry and made it big after being part of Indian TV. Sushant self-confessed he used to mimic King Khan during his school days to impress girls.
- Sushant had a passion for astronomy – his Instagram account was proof of it and he would often post pictures from hi star gazing experiments. He owned a telescope as well. In 2018, he had bought an expensive, Boeing 737 Fixed Base Flight Simulator too.
- Sushant was very close to his mother but her death in 2002 left him devastated. This happened just after he had his 12th board exams. Even his last post was related to his mother.
Around the release of his film Dhoni: The Untold Story, the actor had told DNA in an interview, “I wish she was alive to see me succeed in life. I am sure she would have been really happy and proud of me. And maybe I would have been a different person than what I am now. The way I looked at things then and now, they are very different and I cannot go back to doing that. It’s unfortunate. But everything that used to excite me, doesn’t excite me that much now. I don’t know why. No relationship, no success, absolutely nothing… If she was alive, probably it wouldn’t concern her, but just because something has changed inside me, everything has become so insipid. It takes a lot out of me to force myself to get overly excited about things and probably this is the reason why I like acting so much. Because it helps me get away from myself.”
Also See: Sushant Singh Rajput All Movies List