World AIDS Day is celebrated on December 1 as World AIDS Day every year all over the world. The main purpose to celebrate the day is to raise awareness about AIDS in public. Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), , is a pandemic disease caused due to the infection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), which causes damage to the immune system.
In the year 1988 World AIDS Day was observed. And each year, different organisations throughout the world bring the awarness to the HIV epidemic, endeavour to increase HIV awareness and knowledge.
According to experts, HIV is the condition after infection with human immunodeficiency virus. HIV infection may take eight to ten years or sometimes even longer to reach AIDS status.
The medical sciences have found various treatments for HIV, and many formulas have been also taken to fight against discrimination and to safeguard HIV patients with proper treatments. However, there are millions of HIV patients, who still do not have access to tests, treatments and medications for HIV.
World AIDS Day gives the opportunity to fight against HIV. People who have been affected by HIV feel motivated and dare to fight against the fatal disease.
Motto of World AIDS Day is to give the opportunity to fight against HIV patients. HIV patients who have been affected by HIV feel motivated and dare to fight against the disease.
Some Inspiring Quotes on World AIDS Day
- “Behind every chronic illness is just a person trying to find their way in the world. We want to find love and be loved and be happy just like you. We want to be successful and do something that matters. We’re just dealing with unwanted limitations in our hero’s journey.” – Glenn Schweitzer
- “Never, never, never give up.” -Winston Churchill
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” -William James
- “AIDS obliges people to think of sex as having, possibly, the direst consequences: suicide. Or murder.” -Susan Sontag
- “It is never too late to give up our prejudices.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “Every action of your life touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” -Edwin Hubbell Chapin
- “The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin
- “Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light.” -Norman B. Rice
- “It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance.” -Elizabeth Taylor
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” -A. A. Milne
Also See: World Cancer Day 2020