Getting a degree in journalism is not that easy as it seems! Well, you can easily get into any college providing BJMC or bachelor’s in journalism and Mass Communication degree but getting a master’s degree is something that matters the most. If you are completing your master’s from some premiere college, only then you can land into better job opportunities.
In India, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad, Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, Asian College of Journalism, Chennai are a few good colleges that will help shape your journalism career.
But once you have completed the 1-year diploma program or a 2-year degree program, you begin to wonder what you can do with the degree. Here are a few things that are mentioned that you can try after you have completed the degree or diploma.
- Media planner
- Multimedia specialist
- Programme researcher, broadcasting/film/video
- Public relations officer
- Web content manager
- Media Planner: As a media planner, you will be given the job role of analysing the best media that can work in your favour for promoting and branding about your client. The core job of the media planner is to maximize the result or effect of the marketing campaigns. They are perfect blend of creativity and innovation. As they innovate with the campaigns, the results are better market research for the brands and companies.
- Multimedia Specialist: The multimedia specialists are the professionals excelling in texts, photos, graphics and videos. These professionals are given the job to entertain, educate, persuade and inform the users. Thus, they have a key role to play in determining the brand expansion, penetration and brand visibility.
- Programme Researcher, Broadcasting/Film/Video: The program researchers are the helping hand of the production team. They are the person responsible for programming, planning, organizing and researching on various plans and policies that will help in making the program a grand success.
- Public Relations Officer: The core job of a PR professional is to create a perfect bridge between the brand and the customers. They are key influencers and behaviour adjusters. They are the efforts behind the success of any brand in the market. These professionals are well versed to handle any favourable and adverse situation in the best possible way. Thus, one can rightfully say that they are the force behind building and expanding any brand in the market.
- Web Content Manager: Every website or brand has to communicate with their immediate audience. And, in the process of the communication, they have to adhere to numerous gateways. Having a proper website with all the ingredients in it will serve the purpose of attracting the clients and the customers. A good content marketer will be responsible to having a look at the content structure, flow and other aspects. As a result of their efforts, the brands are able to communicate in person and with perfect with the clients.
These are just a few portfolios to hit, there are many more that you can try when you are getting the journalism degree from a premiere college in India.