According to Gregory calendar, December 02 is the day number 336 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 337. November 30 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on December 02. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 02nd December:
- 1755: The second ring lighthouse was destroyed by fire.
- 1763: Turo Shul Dedicated of Newport RI (Oldest Existing U.S. Synagogue)
- 1802: The health and ethics of the Apprentices Act came into effect in the United Kingdom, as a result of which the regulations for child labor in factories were regulated.
- 1804: Napoleon Bonaparte was crowned as Emperor of France.
- 1811: The Reverend Samuel Marsden sent the first commercial shipping of wool from New South Wales to England.
- 1840: William Henry Harrison was sworn in as the 9th President of the United States.
- 1852: Napoleon III became Emperor of the French.
- 1855: Narayan Ganesh Chandavarkar, one of the founders of Indian National Congress and social reformer, was born.
- 1887: French President Gravy resigned.
- 1908: Young Emperor Pui ascended the Chinese throne at the age of 2.
- 1911: George V and Queen Mary became the first king and queen of Britain to visit India. Gateway of India was built in memory of his arrival in Bombay (now Mumbai).
- 1918: Gurudas Banerjee, the leading educationist and the first Indian Vice Chancellor of the University of Calcutta, died.
- 1927: Ford Motor Company launched the Model A as its new automobile after 19 years of Ford Model T production.
- 1942: Sri Aurobindo Ashram School was established in Pondicherry (now Puducherry), later known as Sri Aurobindo International Center of Education.
- 1946: In rain affected 1st Test in Brisbane, Australia compiles 1st innings total 645 on Day 3 v India (Bradman 187, Hassett 128 ); Australia wins by an innings and 332
- 1954: The Senate voted to condemn Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy, R Wis., for “conduct that tends to bring the Senate into dishonor and disrepute.”
- 1956: Cuban leader Fidel Castro launched a movement to liberate his country.
- 1965: Border Security Force established.
- 1971: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) was formed as a union of seven Emiratis.
- 1976: Fidel Castro became President of Cuba.
- 1988: Benazir Bhutto took over as Prime Minister of Pakistan as the first woman.
- 1989: Vishwanath Pratap Singh became the 8th Prime Minister of India.
- 1993: NASA launched the space shuttle ‘Endeavor’.
- 2008: Thai Prime Minister Somchai Wangswat resigned after the 2008 political crisis.
- 2014: Indian politician and Maharashtra Chief Minister Abdul Rahman Antulay passed away.
- 2016: A fire killed 36 people during a dance party in Oakland.