According to Gregory calendar, January 29, the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. January 29 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened today in Indian and world History on January 29. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 29th January:
- 1528: Babur, the founder of the Mughal Empire in India, defeated the Rana Sanga king of Mewar and captured the fort of Chanderi.
- 1693: A French musician named John Philippe Raimo was born in Dijon city.
- 1728: John Games “Beggars Opera” inaugurated in London.
- 1730: Anna Ivanovana (Anna of Russia) is made queen after the death of her cousin, Emperor Peter II.
- 1753: After a month’s absence, Elizabeth Canning returns to her mother’s home in London and reveals that she was kidnapped.
- 1780: India’s first newspaper Hikki Gazette or Bengal Gazette or Calcutta General Advertiser began publishing from Kolkata.
- 1780: Publication of the country’s first newspaper Hikki Gazette or Bengal Gazette or Calcutta General Advertiser from Kolkata.
- 1845: “The Raven” by Edgar Allan Poe published for the first time (New York evening mirror).
- 1886: Karl Benz patented the first successful car powered by gasoline energy.
- 1896: Swami Pranabananda Maharaj, founder of Bharat Seva Ashram Sangh, was born.
- 1916: Germany invades France for the first time in the ‘First World War’.
- 1921: Malik Faisal I was elected King of Iraq on the basis of the role created by Britain.
- 1953: Sangeet Natak Akademi established.
- 1963: Britain could not get entry into the European Common Market (EEC) due to France’s veto.
- 1970: Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, who won an Olympic medal in shooting, was born.
- 1979: India’s first jumbo train (two-engined) Tamil Nadu Express departed from New Delhi station for Madras (now Chennai).
- 2002: US President George W.
- 2006: India’s fast bowler Irfan Pathan became the first bowler to take a hat-trick in the first over in Test cricket.
- 2010: The first generation flight of the fifth generation war plane being produced under a joint project between India and Russia was successfully tested in the far eastern part of Russia.