June is the sixth month of the year in our modern-day Gregorian calendar. In older versions of the ancient Roman calendar, June was the fourth month of the year. It became the sixth month when January and February were added to the calendar. It is the month that has the most amount of daylight hours of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shortest amount of daylight hours in the Southern hemisphere.
According to Gregory calendar, the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. June 04 has its own special significance in India and world history.
There are 30 days in June and it does not start or end on the same day of the week as any other month.
Another belief is that the month’s name comes from the Latin work iuniores which means “younger ones”.
Here you will find some important events that happened today in Indian and world History on June 04. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 04 June:
- 1039: Henry III becomes Emperor of Rome.
- 1674: Horse race banned in the city of Massachusetts, USA.
- 1784: Elizabeth Thibley in Lyon, France, becomes a woman riding in a hot air balloon.
- 1805: First Barbary War between Tripoli and the United States ends.
- 1805: Held first stage of theater at Horse Guards Parade, London.
- 1810: A society was established in Dedham, Massachusetts to house horse choros.
- 1831: Leopold van Saxon-Coburg is elected as King of Belgium by the National Congress.
- 1845: The battle between Mexico and America begins.
- 1850: Self-deodorizing fertilizer formulated in England.
- 1936: Bollywood’s famous actress Nutan was born.
- 1939: First shopping cart introduced in Oklahom City.
- 1940: During World War II, the German army entered the French capital Paris.
- 1944: The American Army entered Rome during World War II.
- 1964: Maldives created the constitution.
- 1970: Tonga breaks away from Britain and becomes an independent country.
- 1970: Tonga gained independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1997: Telecom satellite arrives in 2D chamber.
- 2015: More than 200 people died in a fire at a petrol pump in Ghana.