According to Gregory calendar, November 01, the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. November 01 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened today in Indian and world History on November 01. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 1st November:
- 1755: An earthquake in Portugal’s capital, Lisbon, killed more than 50,000 people.
- 1755: An earthquake in Lisbon killed more than 50,000 people.
- 1765: Stamp Act implemented in British colonies.
- 1765: The Stamp Act came into force in the British colonies.
- 1776: Mission San Juan Capitrano is established in California.
- 1787: The first secondary education school for girls in Södetskollen, Sweden, is established in Göteborg.
- 1800: John Adams becomes America’s first president.
- 1800: John Adams becomes the first US President to remain in the White House.
- 1858: The rule of India went from the East India Company to the ruler of Britain and the Viceroy was appointed to replace the Governor General.
- 1897: Juventus FC Turin established as an association football club.
- 1913: Freedom fighter Taraknath Das launched the Ghadar movement in the city of San Francisco, California.
- 1928: Romanian radio broadcasting company launched.
- 1950: India’s first steam engine was built at the Chittaranjan rail plant.
- 1956: The state of Madhya Pradesh was formed on the basis of language.
- 1956: Delhi, the capital of the country, becomes a Union Territory.
- 1958: The then Soviet Union conducts nuclear tests.
- 1960: Kalyani University was established in West Bengal India.
- 1962: Comic book Antero Diabolic was introduced in Italy.
- 1966: Haryana State was carved out of Punjab.
- 1970: Polish vice president was shot dead at Karachi airport in Pakistan.
- 1973: Mysore was renamed as Karnataka.
- 1974: The United Nations recognized the independence of the eastern Mediterranean country of Cyprus.
- 2000: Chhattisgarh state was formed.
- 2010: Neighboring country China announces census for the first time in 10 years.