According to Gregory calendar, November 02, is the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. November 02 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened today in India and world History on November 02. Read on to know more about this day.
The page contains not only Important historical events but also famous birthdays and deaths each day. Search what happened today in Indian history and world history.
List of Important Historical events of 2nd November:
- 1534: Ramdas, the fourth Guru of the Sikhs, is born.
- 1712: Suriname government gives 682,800 to French kidnapper Jacques Cussard.
- 1721: The great Peter architect proclaimed Russia’s first emperor, replacing the 176-year-old Taradam of Russia with the Russian Empire.
- 1749: The English Ohio Trade Company is made the first trading post.
- 1772: Boston: Anti-English Committee of Correspondence was formed.
- 1795: The Curacao government on Sunday refused the work of slavery.
- 1834: On this day a ship named Atlas reached Mauritius with Indian laborers. Which is celebrated as the immigrant day there.
- 1835: Second Seminole War begins in Osceola, Florida between various factions of Native Americans. This battle is also known as the Florida War.
- 1835: The Second Seminole War began in Osceola.
- 1852: Franklin Pierce is elected the 14th President of the United States.
- 1884: Timisoara becomes the first city in Europe with streets illuminated by electric lights.
- 1892: French poet Paul Varlein traveled to the Netherlands.
- 1898: Theodore Herzl visits Jerusalem.
- 1914: Britain incorporates Cyprus into its empire.
- 1931: Dupont Company announced the manufacture of synthetic rubber.
- 1936: BBC broadcasts world’s first hypertension television program.
- 1942: BBC launches French-language broadcasting in Canada.
- 1949: The Netherlands recognized Indonesia as an autonomous state.
- 1950: George Bernard Shaw died at the age of 97.
- 1951: About 6 thousand British soldiers arrived in Egypt to overcome the demonstrations against Britain. Britain sent such a large number of British troops to another country for the first time after the Second World War.
- 1953: Pakistan officially becomes the Islamic Republic.
- 1965: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was born.
- 1965: Republican John Lindsay is elected mayor of New York City.
- 1979: French police shoot gangster Jacques Mesren in Paris.
- 1984: For the first time since 1962 in the US, a woman, Velma Barfield, is hanged.
- 1989: North Dakota and South Dakota celebrate their 100th birthday.
- 2012: Indian-American mathematician Shriram Shankar Abhyakar died.
- 2014: A suicide bombing in Lahore, Pakistan kills 60 people, injures 110 people.