November is the eleventh month of the year in our modern-day Gregorian calendar. The month kept its original name from the Latin novem meaning “nine” which marked it the 9th month of the year in the Roman calendar.
According to Gregory calendar, the day number is 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. November 15 has its own special significance in India and world history.
November was named during a time when the calendar year began with March, which is why its name no longer corresponds with its placement in the Julian and Gregorian calendars.
Here you will find some important events that happened today in India and world History on November 15. Read on to know more about this day.
The page contains not only Important historical events but also famous birthdays and deaths each day. Search what happened today in Indian history and world history.
List of Important Historical events of 15 November:
- 1630: Famous German astronomer Yuhan Kepler died at the age of 59. The Kepler law about the movement of satellites and the discovery of an orbit by Mars in its orbit is the result of their study.
- 1777: Confederate article adopted by Continental Congress.
- 1808: Mahmud II (1808–1839) Mustafa IV (1807–1808) was chosen as Sultan of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1830: Social reformer Raja Ram Mohan Roy left for England.
- 1859: First Zappa Olympics started in Greece.
- 1884: Conference begins in Berlin, the capital of Germany, to distribute colonies to European countries in the continent of Africa.
- 1902: Hanoi Exhibition is established in Hanoi city of Vietnam.
- 1905: The US Patent Office granted King Razette a patent for the safety razor. In this way, for the first time, the shaved blade on both sides came before the world.
- 1920: The first meeting of the League of Nations was held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1935: The United States and Canada sign a mutual trade agreement.
- 1939: Battle of South Guwanxi begins.
- 1948: Louis Stephen Saint Laurent becomes the 12th Prime Minister of Canada.
- 1955: Trade agreement was signed between Poland and Yugoslavia.
- 1956: Middle East Technical University established in Ankara, Turkey.
- 1961: United Nations bans nuclear weapons.
- 1971: Intel launched the world’s first single chip microprocessor ‘Intel 4004’.
- 1971: Intel releases Intel 4004, the world’s first microprocessor.
- 1978: An aircraft carrying corn from Mecca to Indonesia succumbed to an accident in Sri Lanka. In which 183 people died.
- 1986: India’s top female tennis player Sania Mirza was born in Mumbai city of Maharashtra state.
- 1989: Former veteran Indian player Sachin Tendulkar made his Test debut against Pakistan. He played the last Test on 14 November 2013 against the West Indies.
- 2000: Jharkhand becomes the 28th state of India.