According to Gregory calendar, November 23 is the day number 327 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 328 . November 23 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on June 8. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 23rd November:
- 1165: Pope Alexander III returned to Rome after exile.
- 1248: The city of Seville, Spain, surrenders to Ferdinand III of Castile after a two-year siege.
- 1705: Nicholas Rowe’s play “Ulysses” premiered in London.
- 1723: The province of Carolina was incorporated into Newborn as New Bern (the city later became the capital of North Carolina).
- 1785: John Hancock is elected president of the Continental Congress for the second time.
- 1808: Battle of Tudela: French Marshal Lens defeated a Spanish army.
- 1810: English actress Sarah Booth began her Hollywood career at the Theater Royal, Covent Garden.
- 1848: The Women’s Medical Educational Society was established in Boston.
- 1863: Patents were granted for the first time to create a color photo process.
- 1876: Porfirio Díaz was made President of Mexico.
- 1890: King William III of the Netherlands died.
- 1890: The first general election was held in Italy.
- 1892: Belgium defeated Arabia in the Battle of Lomani Congo. About 3000 people died in the war.
- 1909: The Wright brothers set up the company with the capital of $ 1 million to produce the aircraft.
- 1926: Born of Sathya Sai Baba, Indian guru and philosopher
- 1927: The company named Automated Musical Instruments produced the first juke box.
- 1937: The country’s renowned physicist, biologist and archaeologist Jagdishchandra Basu died.
- 1946: 6000 people were killed in a fierce fire in a French naval ship in the city of Haiphyong, Vietnam.
- 1967: Former South African batsman Gary Kirsten was born. The Indian team won the World Cup in 2011 under his coaching.
- 1971: China became a member of the UN Security Council.
- 1980: 2600 people died due to earthquake in Italy.
- 1983: The Commonwealth Summit was held in New Delhi for the first time in the country.
- 1984: Around 1000 people were trapped in a fire at London’s busiest Oxford Circus station.
- 2009: Innocent-innocent 32 media persons were executed in the Philippines.