According to Gregory calendar, November 24 is the day number 328 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 328 . November 24 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on June 8. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 24th November:
- 1434: The water of the Thames River in London froze as Ketudco.
- 1542: The English defeat the Scots at the Battle of Solway Moss in England.
- 1744: John Carteret resigned as British Secretary of the Northern Department.
- 1759: The volcano erupted on the Visuvius mountain peak in Italy.
- 1827: The election for France’s 430 member Chamber of Deputies went to the polls. The supporters of King Charles X, the Ltravarist, lost by a majority of 233 seats and received 180 seats.
- 1831: British physicist Michael Ferrede discovered electricity.
- 1832: South Carolina passed notification ordinance
- 1871: The National Rifle Association was organized.
- 1877: The first Hindustani Kawasaji Jamsetji Patigra to become deputy commissioner was born.
- 1903: Clyde Coleman patented automobile electric starter.
- 1904: The first successful caterpillar track was produced.
- 1914: Benito Mussolini was ejected from the Italian Socialist Party.
- 1926: Eminent philosopher Sri Aurobindo attained complete accomplishment.
- 1938: National Semi-Pro Basketball Congress authorizes yellow basketball
- 1944: Famous Indian film actor and film director Amol Palekar was born.
- 1950: Popularly known as the ‘Great Storm of the Appalachian’, the cyclone brought strong winds of 250 km per hour.
- 1961: The World Food Program (WFP) was included in the UN’s temporary program.
- 1961: The United Nations adopts bans on nuclear arms over American protests.
- 1966: The first TV station opened in Kinsasa, the capital of Congo.
- 1986: Legislators were expelled from the House for the first time in the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly.
- 1988: For the first time, Lok Sabha MP Lalduhoma was disqualified under the anti-defection law.
- 1988: The popular American cult television comedy Mystery Science Theater made its debut at 3000 KTMA.
- 1989: Sachin Tendulkar scores a Test Cricket fifty aged 16 years 214 days, a record
- 2003: Uma Devi Khatri, who created comedy in Hindi films, died.
- 2007: Former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif arrived home after eight years of exile.