According to Gregory calendar, November 28 is the day number 332 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 333. November 28 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on November 28. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 28th November:
- 1520: Ferdinand Magellan began crossing the Pacific Ocean.
- 1660: The Royal Society was formed in London.
- 1717: A French merchant vessel invades “La Concorde” and talks about “capturing Queen Anne and taking revenge.”
- 1757: Britain condemned the convention of Kloster-Zeven.
- 1775: The Second Continental Congress formally announced the establishment of the US Navy.
- 1785: The Treaty of Hopewell was signed between the United States and the Cherokee Nation.
- 1806: French troops entered Warsaw.
- 1814: The Times of London was first printed with an automated print machine.
- 1821: Panama declares independence from Spain, Gran joins Colombia.
- 1880: Aires de Ornelas e Vasconcelos, Portuguese Roman Catholic Archbishop of Goa, dies at 43
- 1890: Social worker, writer and educationist Jyotirao Phule died.
- 1893: Women voted for the first time in a national election in New Zealand.
- 1912: Ismail Qadri declared independence from Turkey to Albania.
- 1939: James Nasmith, the father of basketball, died.
- 1956: Chinese Prime Minister Chou En-lai visited India.
- 1960: Mauritania formally declared its independence.
- 1962: KCde, the famous blind singer of Bengal, died.
- 1990: British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher submitted her resignation to the Queen of Britain.
- 1995: The Barcelona Treaty was signed by the 27 participating nations.
- 1996: Captain Indrani Singh became the first woman to command the Airbus A-300 aircraft.
- 1997: The then Prime Minister Indra Kumar Gujral resigned.
- 2010: WikiLeaks released to the public more than 250,000 U.S. diplomatic cables. About 100,000 were marked “secret” or “confidential.”
- 2012: 54 people were killed and 120 injured in two car bombings in Syria’s capital Damascus.
- 2017: India’s Supreme Court rejects appeal to block global release of controversial film “Padmavati”