According to Gregory calendar, November 29 is the day number 333 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number
is 334. November 29 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on November 29. Read on to know more about this
List of Important Historical events of 29th November:
- 1311: General Malik Kafur returns to Delhi after campaign in South India
- 1329: Quilon the first Indian Diocese was erected by Pope John XXII and Jordanus was appointed the first Bishop
- 1459: Jodhpur, Sun City, founded by Rao Jodhpur in India
- 1516: France and Switzerland signed Freiburg’s peace agreement.
- 1745: Bonnie Prince Charlie’s army arrived in Manchester and captured Carlisle.
- 1759: Alamgir II, the emperor of Delhi murdered
- 1760: French commandant Bellere surrendered Detroit to Major R. Rogers.
- 1775: Sir James J invented invisible ink.
- 1782: Britain recognized American independence.
- 1807: The Portuguese Queen María and Court are bound for Brazil on Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro became the Portuguese capital.
- 1830: November rebellion against Poland’s rule started in Poland.
- 1870: Essential education came into force in Britain.
- 1877: The inventor Thomas Alva Edison exhibited his phonograph for the first time.
- 1899: Spanish football club FC Barcelona was formed.
- 1899: FC Barcelona Football Club Association was established.
- 1932: The Soviet Union and France tried not to attack each other.
- 1949: An explosion in a uranium mine in East Germany killed 3700 people.
- 1961: Yuri Gagarin, the world’s first astronaut, came to India.
- 1963: A Canadian jet crashed within minutes after taking off. All 118 people died in this plane crash.
- 1970: Haryana became the first Indian state to achieve the goal of 100% rural electrification.
- 1973: 104 people were killed in a fire at a Taiyo department store in Kyushu, Kumamoto City, Japan.
- 1977: Pakistan batsman Younis Khan was born. He has 9666 runs in 111 Tests with 33 centuries. He scored 7249 runs in 265 ODIs.
- 1989: The then Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi resigned.
- 1993: Industrialist Jahangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata died.
- 2005: The new Croatian Communist Party was founded in Vukovar.
- 2012: The United Nations General Assembly gave Palestine the status of non-member observer state.
- 2018: Tens of thousands Indian farmers protest the agrarian crisis at parliament in Delhi