According to Gregory calendar, November 30 is the day number 334 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number
is 334. November 30 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on November 30. Read on to know more about this
List of Important Historical events of 30th November:
- 1667: Ireland writer Jonathan Swift died in Dublin. His book Goliwar Yatra Vrataanta is counted among the magnificent works of the world literature.
- 1703: Isaac Newton made president of the Royal Society, an office he held until his death in 1727.
- 1731: The earthquake in Beijing killed nearly 100,000 people.
- 1747: The Dutch state of Zziel announced a hereditary governor for women.
- 1753: Benjamin Franklin received the Godfrey Copley Medal “due to his keen experiments and comments on electricity”.
- 1804: French inventor Joseph Coffio died at the age of 79. He is called the father of the car.
- 1822: Edward Jonze, a British physician and smallpox vaccine, died.
- 1872: The first official international football match was played. The match between England and Scott Land took place in West of Scotland cricket.
- 1886: The first commercially successful AC electric power plant opened.
- 1961: The then Soviet Union opposed Kuwait’s application for UN membership.
- 1982: Directed by Richard Attenborough and starring Ben Kingsley and John Guild, the film Gandhi premiered in New Delhi.
- 1988: Egypt’s famous qari Ustad Abdul Basit Abdussamad died in Qahera Nagar.
- 1995: The then US President visited Northern Ireland. He was the first US President to visit there.
- 1999: The world’s largest meterwave radio telescope was inaugurated at Narayangaon near Pune.
- 2000: Priyanka Chopra becomes Miss World.
- 2004: Lion Air Flight Surakarta, 26 killed and 538 injured in an accident in Central Java, Indonesia.
- 2010: Indian scientist and Swadeshi movement pioneer Rajiv Dixit died.
- 2012: Former Prime Minister Indra Kumar Gujral died.