International Mother Language Day celebrated across the globe, on 21st February, International Mother Language Day (IMLD) as a worldwide annual observance of UNESCO. Most of the friends and family members want to wish or express their reactions through messages, quotes and sms.
So, Why not you? Don’t forget to share your emotion during the International Mother Language Day. Here we are have collected different inspirational International Mother Language Day Quotes for you.
International Mother Language Day Facts & Quotes
- In 2020, the theme for International Mother Language Day is “Indigenous languages matter for development, peace building and reconciliation”.
- The five most difficult languages to learn for an English speaker are Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese and Korean.
- “Those who know nothing of foreign languages, know nothing of their own.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “Language is the dress of thought.”- Samuel Johnson
- “International Mother Language Day is a moment for all of us to raise the flag for the importance of mother tongue to all educational efforts, to enhance the quality of learning and to reach the unreached.” – Irina Bokova, UNESCO Director-General
- “If you talk to [someone] in a language [he or she] understands, that goes to [the person’s] head. If you talk to [somebody] in [his or her] language, that goes to [the] heart.” – Nelson Mandela
- “For me, words are a form of action, capable of influencing change.” – Ingrid Bengis
- “Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.” – Rita Mae Brown
- “Speak a new language so that the world will be a new world.” – Rumi
- “Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken.” – Orson Rega Card
- “Those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing of their own.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “I am always sorry when any language is lost, because languages are the pedigrees of nations.” – Samuel Johnson