Every year on April 7, the World Health Organisation (WHO) celebrates World Health Day. World Health Day is celebrated to spread awareness about the importance of health.
World Health Day Quotes
Many writers and thinkers have strongly supported the cause of health across time and it’s time to revisit those golden words.
Here are top quotes that celebrate well-being, strength and why health remains the primary wealth till date and for times to come.
- “Health is a large word. It embraces not the body only, but the mind and spirit as well; …and not today’s pain or pleasure alone, but the whole being and outlook of a man.” – James H. West
- “Your health is what you make of it. Everything you do and think either adds to the vitality, energy and spirit you possess or takes away from it.” – Ann Wigmore
- “Creativity is a fragrance of real health. When a person is really healthy and whole, creativity comes naturally to him, the urge to create arises.” -Osho
- “Love is not as important as good health. You cannot be in love if you’re not healthy. You can’t appreciate it.” -Bryan Cranston
- “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
- “Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of year.” -Franklin P. Adams
- “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” – William Shakespeare
- “Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health.” -Carl Jung
- “Happiness is the highest form of health.” -Dalai Lama
- “The greatest wealth is health.” – Virgil
Quotes For Health Professionals
- From now on, never should we dare to forget the sacrifices that healthcare professionals make with the single motive to serve humanity.
- They save lives. They comfort the sick. You can’t expect that to be easy.
- They fight for our existence as we sit in quarantine and complain of boredom.
- And when we make past this all, may we never forget the sacrifices that our healthcare heroes made for us.
- Healthcare professionals make a living by what they give, but they make a life by what they give.
- In nothing do men more nearly approach the gods than in giving health to men.
- Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.
World Health Day Messages
- Nurses may not be angels, but they are the next best thing.
- Observation, Reason, Human Understanding, Courage; these make the physician.
- Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living.
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.
- Nurses are I.V. Leaguers.
- In our job, you will never go home at the end of the day thinking that you haven’t done something valuable and important.
- Being a doctor offers the most complete and constant union of those three qualities which have the greatest charm for pure and active minds – novelty, utility, and charity.
- Not all superheroes wear capes.
- People pay the healthcare professionals for their trouble; for their kindness, they still remain in his debt.
- Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity.
This year’s day is dedicated to nurses and midwives with an aim to remind world leaders of the critical role they play in keeping the world healthy.