You can find various service telecom providers in India like Reliance Jio, TATA, Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone, BSNL, and Idea.
VIA MNP, you can easily change your service provider without having to let go of your number.
Here are the steps which will help you to port your number:
1. First, choose the service provider you wish to port your number to.
2. Send the following text message – PORT followed by your 10-digit mobile number to TRAI’s central number for mobile number portability – 1900.
- Example: Send ‘PORT 98xxxxxx98’ to 1900. You’ll receive an SMS back with a port out code which will remain valid for only 15 days.
3. Visit your nearest operator store and tell them you want to port your sim. They will fill the porting form and customer acquisition form for port into the network.
- Also, carry a passport size photograph and a self attested copy of identity proof. As an address proof you can submit a copy of the rent agreement, landline bill, electricity bill, or a three month bank statement.
4. Next step is to submit your duly filled porting form and CAF along with requisite documentary proof of the mobile service provider to the operator.
5. If you are a postpaid subscriber, submit a paid copy of the last bill issued along with the porting form and CAF.
6. Once you are done with the necessary formalities, obtain your SIM card from the new service provider. Depending on the service provider, you’ll be charged up to Rs 19 for porting.
7. The process usually takes seven working days to complete. For Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, and North East, it may take up to 15 days.
- Your new mobile service provider will keep you updated about the date and time of porting via SMS.
8. Replace the old SIM with the new SIM provided by your new mobile service provider after the specified date and time.
For more info, you can visit the website of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
- Also Read: Reliance Jio Phone,International Roaming, Caller Tune – Full Specification
- Also Read: Vodafone All USSD Codes – Updated List to Check Balance, Offers and More
- Also Read: Airtel All USSD Codes – Updated List to Check Balance, Offers and More
- Also Read: Idea All USSD Codes – Updated List to Check Balance, Offers and More
- Also Read: Jio All USSD Codes – Updated List to Check Balance, Offers and More